Tuesday, May 8, 2012

An Equestrian Future

Hello fello Equestrians

I have been thinking for a while about doing a blog post about myself and my personal equestrian experience so far (up to 2012)  so lets get started...

DeeDee winter 2011 


Back in December 2006 my Dad bought DeeDee as a weanling as a christmas present for myself and my sister, my dad and i trained her, and i was doing riding lessons at a different barn, she was always strung out on sweet feed, she was a good horse though, fairly easy to train. At 1 year and 7 months we moved her to the barn I was taking lessons at. At that time it was the top training barn in the area. I broke her myself with little help from the coaches at the barn, and she was really easy to break, I was the first one to get one her and there were days where we had our good times and our bad. I kept her there for 5.5 years and I had alot of good times and bad , which was all part of training and I over came alot of confidence issues with my self as a rider.

September 26 2011 DeeDee 


The summer of 5.5 years came and I had made the decision to leave the barn and go to a smaller private barn, it got to be too busy and a big lesson barn. On August 1st I loaded up my horse and went to a smaller barn just about 5 minutes away from the barn I was at. I was really busy with school and being in my last year of college I just needed to focus on school and not so much riding. So I just wanted my mare to have a year of light work and I didn't have to worry about lessons and such. It was a good year for my horse to just learn to be a horse instead of being at a big show barn (hunter/jumper). Exactly a year later while at the small barn, it went up for sale, so I made another decision to find another barn to go to.. and now that i was done school.. i wanted to get back into some serious riding and working with horses. so i moved to a barn that wasn't so far out into the country. The person leasing the barn wasn't the greatest, but new people took over as of (may 1st 2012) and it all worked out, I now have a chance to ride and show in many difference areas and expand my riding skills and meeting tons of good equestrian and horse people and also travel and look at stallions in the states for breeding opportunities. Im definitely looking forward to the up coming opportunities. :)

DeeDee with her eye's closed, my sister is holding her

1 comment:

  1. Being a good equestrian, you have to treat horses very nicely. Before entering the horsemanship industry, you should know the at least the basic things in horses – on how they groom and feed.

    ReplyDelete